Job Code: I15-01
Location: Shelton, CT
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
• Provide engineering support for product packaging from concept through production across all three categories (Stationery, Lighter and Shaver).
• Create and maintain packaging specifications, including pallet patterns and package die lines.
• Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of department SOPs.
• Communicating with internal customers such as Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and our packaging facilities.
• Work with suppliers to source materials and obtain packaging costs.
• Applicant must be working towards a B.S. in Packaging Engineering
• Must have completed 2 years of school with half of the Packaging Engineering courses.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with marketing, manufacturing, buyers/planners, shipping and suppliers.
• Software experience should include: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Illustrator and TOPS. SolidWorks/ProE and JDE mainframe is a plus.
Successful candidates require passing drug test and undergoing security check.
For consideration apply online referencing job code I15-01.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
No Relocation Offered for this Position.