OUR FOCUS IS ON QUALITY
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
BIC offers competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates require passing drug test and undergoing security check.
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for primary and secondary package development, on-pack and in-pack promotions, point of purchase displays, material and supplier qualifications, cost saving initiative and assist with packaging automation when required.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
Reporting to the Area Manager Packaging Engineering, the Packaging Engineer is responsible for providing merchandising/packaging options that meet the requirements of our customers. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry planning and executing projects from conception thru to commercialization, working cross functionally with different internal departments (Customer Marketing, Brand, Sales, etc.).
Among the more specific aspects of the position are the following:
· Manage multiple packaging projects, package development, point of purchase displays, value analysis, and cost savings initiatives.
· Packaging specification development for all channels.
· Develop and implement packaging concepts by interfacing with Marketing, Sales, Trade Marketing, Supply Chain/Operations and suppliers.
· Manage all aspects of third party-supplier relationships including assigning bills of material and reducing packaging costs.
· Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively to manage projects with Brand Managers, Product Development, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Suppliers, and global counterparts.
· Hold discussions during product team meetings; communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management.
· Must be able to work across the full management environment including working with BIC senior management
· Bachelor’s Degree Required. Preferably in Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
· 5 – 10 years of packaging development and commercialization experience in CPG environment.
· Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment
· Strong communication/interpersonal skills
· Strategic and tactical decision-making ability using sound scientific principles and data
· Demonstrated ability to direct suppliers through design, development and improvement projects
· Self- starter, proactive, career focused with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to develop and nurture cross-functional relationships
For consideration apply online referencing job code13-28. www.biccareers.com
BIC does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws. AA/EOE