Salary Grade: 10 Req: # 2014-31-Simsbury
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products & capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks a candidate for the position of Junior Packaging Engineer, reporting to the Document & Data Control Manager. The position is located in Simsbury, CT. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The Junior Packaging Engineer supports the Packaging Engineering function and is responsible for designing and implementing packaging methods to insure conformance to DOT and customer specifications to support the successful delivery of products.
· Assist Packaging Engineer in supporting UNPOP testing
· Generate specifications, drawings and packaging instructions to comply with Customer and DOT requirements.
· Uploading specifications and certifications into ERP (IFS) system.
· Design packaging to safely deliver a wide variety of energetic products.
· Assist Packaging Engineer in obtaining Competent Authority approvals
The successful candidate must have a BS degree in Package Engineering/Packaging Science with packaging design experience in a manufacturing environment.
Required skills include:
· Design work utilizing wood, corrugated, foam in a manufacturing environment
· Proficient with Microsoft office suite software (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel)
· Must be organized, able to multitask and meet commitments
· Hazardous materials packaging a plus
· Ability to interpret and analyze requirements including Military specifications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested in this position, contact:
Rob Keene, Human Resources, x1520.
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.